Hi there! I’m Amber of This Journey Called Life. Welcome and thank you so much for stopping by!
I started this blog as a way to share my experiences and insights with anxiety and depression in the hopes of helping others. I have personally suffered from both since I was young due to a childhood trauma, and understand first-hand how isolating and debilitating either one can be.
At the age of eight, I was lucky enough to survive a devastating tornado. One that killed my father and destroyed my grandmother’s home and farm. It still affects me greatly to this day and in ways I never expected.
While everyone’s path to healing is different, I do believe it is possible to lead a “normal” life, even when one is suffering from a mental illness. I hope that by sharing my own experiences and what I’ve learned along the way, it will help you with your own journey. It’s never easy going on “This Journey Called Life” alone and here, you won’t be.
Depression and anxiety may take up a lot of space in my life, but there is so much more to me than my struggles.
I was born and raised in rural Kentucky and have called this place home for most of my life. I did live in colorful Colorado for a short while, but after a few years away, we decided to move back to Kentucky a couple of years ago.
In addition to me, there’s my wonderful husband, Isaac. We met as teenagers through a mutual friend and quickly became two peas in a pod.
While we currently do not have any kiddos running around, we do have two fur babies who are just like family to us!
Kagami first came into the picture over 10 years ago now. She is a Beagle mix and is completely spoiled. She captured our hearts the day we picked her up after responding to a free puppy ad in the newspaper (yes, the classifieds were still heavily used at this point, LOL!). We can’t imagine our lives without her!
This past year we added a new addition to our family. Meet Roxy! We refer to her as our “Sour Patch Kid”. One minute she is as sweet as can be, and the next she’s super feisty. Roxy was a surprise gift from Isaac and she even shares the same birthday as Kagami (Valentine’s Day). She has definitely brought an unexpected joy into our household.
Below are some extra (and completely random) things you may like to know about me…
- I am a Gemini, an Introvert, and a Highly Sensitive Person/Empath.
- My Myers-Briggs personality type is INFJ: Introversion (I), Intuition (N), Feeling (F), and Judgment (J).
- I absolutely love to travel, and it’s something I don’t get to do as often as I would like. I have been fortunate to visit many states in the US; as well as England, France, and Germany.
- I love shooting travel and nature/landscape photos from time to time.
- Isaac and I love to cook and try new recipes + restaurants. Yum!
- Fitness is important to me and has always been a part of my life. I like taking walks, running, and yoga the most.
- I enjoy gardening on occasion. It can be peaceful and relaxing.
- Music is a big part of my life and has always been there for me through it all. I love all kinds of music, but Trance is without a doubt my favorite!
- I work as a Compliance Analyst by day for a bank. It sounds boring, but it’s actually filled with intrigue and no day is ever the same.
Thanks for visiting, staying a while, and getting to know me.
Feel free to wander around, leave a comment, and enjoy some of the stories that I share. I hope this can be a safe haven for you in your toughest times and place of joy in your brightest. Talk to you soon!